Hi folks, Chris here from Surviving the Specter on behalf of the rest of us at SURVIVORS BLOG HERE. Rob Goldstein over at Art by Rob Goldstein (https://robertmgoldstein.com/) nominated SURVIVORS BLOG HERE for the Liebster Award. I volunteered to help respond and in my business, have taken waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy longer than I should give Rob a huge hug and thank you for nominating us for this honor.
Below are his questions with my answers (other contributors please feel free to add your answers or nominations) followed by the people I have nominated for this honor.
Have you found a theme to your blog? Is there a topic that you return to almost subconsciously?
Yes, there is. It is mental illness. I write about severe depression as personified by Specter.
What is the one thing you’ve learned about yourself as a blogger?
I can write in a way that is meaningful and inspires others to do the same.
What is your favorite way to learn?
I enjoy reading about the material that I’m learning about.
What is the one decision that you’ve made in your life that you will never regret?
My decision to end my marriage.
If you could live in the past, which period would you choose?
Ancient Rome. Definitely ancient Rome. And I would be a centurion.
What is your favorite music?
I like heavier stuff – heavy metal, hard rock, as well as those songs with powerful lyrics that speak to me. Definitely heavier music. When I was growing up, I used to cry a lot when I listened to music on the radio. Usually the sadder sounding stuff. I hated that. So I switched genres. Not that it’s helped me with my depression. Smh.
If you had to change careers, what career would you choose?
I would chose to be a soldier of Rome. Of course I mean the ancient Roman soldier, not a modern soldier. That makes me sound like I want to resurrect Mussolini’s empire. Which I don’t. Let’s just skip this one.
Who is your favorite philosopher?
Working on this. Haven’t touched philosophy in a while.
What is your favorite poem?
My favorite poem is stuck as the first post on my blog. It is “Outwitted” by Edwin Markham. You should check it out.
What is your favorite myth from Greek Mythology?
Name one guilty pleasure.
Doritos and cream cheese. Ahh yes, my Netflix comfort food of choice. Don’t judge. Try it!
Nominee blog sites:
Please affix the following seal to your blog!
- Caterpillar to Butterfly | Recovering Codependent ~ Growth & Healing Through Healthy Boundaries
- Confessions | Bringing to Light that which is Hidden
- Dear Hope | When It’s All We Have Left
- Hi, I’m Dan | From hell to well – living with and recovering from addiction and mental illness
- Me Vs. Depression | A chronicle of my struggle with mental illness
- MINDS LIKE OURS | Presenting Hope & Love for Those Struggling with Mental Illness; Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression, and Suicide
- SassaFrass, The Feisty ~ My Journey Towards Healing
- Take A Ride On My Mood Swing | Where Bipolar Lives Even If Wished Dead
- The Wednesdays Off | Peeping above the parapet every so often by blogging and baking
- Turning The Page on Suicide | Writing my way through depression and loss.