A long period of time.
First 16 years of life.
- Hypervigilance (felling that nothing is safe)
- We can never relax.
- We cannot really sleep properly. (plagued with nightmares and night terrors)
- We hate ourselves.
- We are drawn to highly unavailable people.
- We are sickened by people who want to be cozy with us. (I can’t sleep with another person).
- We are prone to lose our temper very badly.
- We are paranoid and worried things are going to go bad again.
- We like being alone.
- We find living so exhausting and so unpleasant, we do sometimes long that we don’t exist anymore.
- We are rigid about our routines. OCD.
- We throw ourselves into work.
The root cause of complex PTSD is an absence of love.
And the cure for it is the same path. We need to love someone we hate…