Some symptoms of unresolved trauma include:
1. You find it hard to experience joy. You want to feel alive and experience joy, but somehow that feeling continually eludes you
2. You fill up your life with distractions. Whether it’s binge-watching TV, or it’s snacking when you’re stressed … There’s always a way of avoiding painful feelings – for staying in the present feels too scary and hard.
3. You’re afraid of your emotions for they feel out of control. They hit you unexpectedly, and feel so intense. Or, you may find it hard to feel anything at all.
4. It’s impossible to turn your mind off. You’re always on alert. You never reach that place of calm. You’re always vigilant because you know things can go wrong.
5. You’re afraid to trust anyone at all. You would love to be able to fully trust…
View original post 249 more words