I’ve been watching many programs about gender recently. I want to understand both sides of the debate, not just one. This is important because the gender issue is SO confusing.
The fact was that between the ages of 15 to about 25 I was gender fluid. I wasn’t a girl and I wasn’t a boy. I wore makeup every day, and sometimes wore female clothes (but never dresses), just women’s tops etc. At the time I had no words to describe this period. So I do have lived experience about this issue.
I wish I kept photos of some of my hair dos. They were amazing.
This TV show is brilliant and the best I’ve seen in a while.
I love all the 1950’s references and 50’s props and clothes. It’s available on Amazon Prime.
A long period of time.
First 16 years of life.
- Hypervigilance (felling that nothing is safe)
- We can never relax.
- We cannot really sleep properly. (plagued with nightmares and night terrors)
- We hate ourselves.
- We are drawn to highly unavailable people.
- We are sickened by people who want to be cozy with us. (I can’t sleep with another person).
- We are prone to lose our temper very badly.
- We are paranoid and worried things are going to go bad again.
- We like being alone.
- We find living so exhausting and so unpleasant, we do sometimes long that we don’t exist anymore.
- We are rigid about our routines. OCD.
- We throw ourselves into work.
The root cause of complex PTSD is an absence of love.
And the cure for it is the same path. We need to love someone we hate…